BlackBerry OS 10.1 update to bring HDR stills and more
BlackBerry has made the OS 10.1 update available to developers. It’s an early alpha build, bun nonetheless it reveals various upcoming features of the platform.
The most notable additions brought by BB 10.1 update are HDR photos, APNs editing support, improved notification management for different apps, PIN-to-PIN messaging, and paste support for the dialpad.
Here is the full list of new goodies found in the 10.1 update so far:
- HDR option for taking photos
- PIN to PIN messaging now available and present in the BlackBerry Hub
- APN editing is now enabled (Though this may remain carrier based)
- ‘Highlights” for text such as word correction on the keyboard are now green, instead of blue
- ‘Text Picker’ has been improved, now allows for easily moving left and right between letters easier
- Sharing menu is now black, just like on the BlackBerry Q10
- New help demos and walkthroughs after initial boot
- Select All for broadcast messages is now available
- Ability to turn off alerts for specific applications
- Easier to check for updates in BlackBerry World
- Phone can be fully unlocked at lock screen now by the power button
- BlackBerry World now has options for coupon redemption
- Pasting of phone numbers directly into dialpad
- Installed apps can be opened from with BlackBerry World (No longer shows ‘installed’ now shows ‘open’)
There is no official info on when the update will become officially available on the Z10 and Q10, but we guess it won’t take that long now that the first build is already in the developers’ hands.